The following students have received the distinction of being named Mississippi Scholars for the class of 2019: Bray Britton, Skylar Gentry, Konner Grace Mitchell, Bailey Nichols, Preston Wicker, Alyssa Brown, Carter Franks, Cameron Smyly, and Cade Lackey.
In addition to completing the advanced academic courses, the students must also meet the following requirements:
- 40 hours of community or volunteer service during 4 years of high school
- Minimum of 18 ACT Composite Score (Overall Score) for seniors graduating in 2016 and later
- 2.5 cumulative high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 95% school attendance during 4 years of high school
- No out-of-school suspension