Deer Creek School was established in 1965 in the old Arcola Public School. Some local businessmen bought the school after it consolidated with Hollandale in 1958. In 1965, the school was opened with eight students and one teacher, Mrs. Bernice Lowe. In 1966, grades one through eight were added and the building project began. In 1970, the auditorium was partitioned off and Senior High classes were held. In the summer of 1971, the Junior and Senior High buildings were built. Deer Creek School’s first graduation was held in May of 1971. The tradition of the Junior class Magnolia Chain was started then and is still carried on today. In October of 2015, the school celebrated its 50th anniversary.